I'm glad to be back in Irvine.
It's great seeing lots of old faces again.
It's such a blessing to be back at church.
And it's nice to start studying again. :p
At the same time though,
I think I've come to realize how hard it is to maintain a balanced life,
where I can do well in school & grow more spiritually.
But I think that's where I realize, this is something I can't be perfect in.
I'll always sway back and forth.
Then I think of Christ And how he had perfect balance with everything.
How did Christ do it?
I keep asking myself this question.
How is He so perfect in all that He is and all that He does?
This continues to puzzle me.
I can already see how this quarter will challenge me spiritually.
But my prayer is to depend on & look to Christ even more for these next 10-11 weeks.
"Brothers, I do not consider that I have made it my own. But one thing I do: forgetting what lies behind and straining forward to what lies ahead, I press on toward the goal for the prize of the upward calling of God in Christ Jesus." - Philippians 3:13-14
--
On another note;
I've decided to hold off on facebook until after midterms!
Haha, I hope this helps me concentrate,
especially since classes will be much more rigorous this quarter.
Yay for Bio 98 (Biochemistry), OChem 51B, OChem 51B Lab, & Writing 39C. :P
My 132-set of Prismacolor Colored Pencils got stolen/misplaced. :/ I guess I'm a little upset about it. If someone stole them, they got a pretty darn good Christmas present. But if I did misplace them, I hope they turn up somehow. haha.
I've also planned on applying to the School of Nursing at Irvine. But if that doesn't work out, that's fine too! I'll probably apply for Entry Level Masters at UCLA/UCSF after getting my Bio Sci degree.
I really enjoy reading through Genesis & Matthew. So much to read and learn about. It's interesting reading through the OT and learning so much of God's covenant with Abram and how that is constantly being fulfilled throughout the OT and NT. But I realize there's so much to cover, and there's so many things I don't realize when I just read it through the first time. But I hope that reading through the Bible will allow me to understand how the OT and NT tie together, and to finally read through those Bible stories I always hear about. Haha!
Hm, I've also realized I need more time management. Time seems to come and go so quickly now! Gotta be more productive this quarter and maximize my time.
Winter weather makes me really sleepy too. I've been wanting to sleep SO much more. Maybe that's why I haven't been feeling as productive. But I think I want to sleep a lot earlier this quarter.
Thankful for:
_Being back in Irvine.
_Phone calls from home.
_Sleep-in Saturday. :]
_Reading thru Genesis & Matthew.
_Studying productively at Tap Ex.
Saturday, January 10, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment