Thursday, March 12, 2009

[W09] Pre-Finals Recap.

I'm really excited for winter quarter to end. Really.
People always tell me that Winter Quarter for Bio Sci is always the worst.
I will admit that this quarter was the most rigorous by far.
But I can't wait until next Wednesday...I'll be able to say, "I DID IT!" :]

[BIO SCI 98-Biochemistry]
Very interesting. At least Tsai's portion. Haha, Aswad's part was okay, but I don't think I enjoyed it as much as Tsai's half. Her asian fobby accent is super cute -- and I'm glad I could understand her. I really enjoyed her rapping (I still remember TCA & her countdown...4, 3, 2, 4...acetyl-CoA...), Sharon & I would always expect her to say "Nigh'o'clack--les' starht!" (9 o'clock, let's start) tehe. And I finally learned that we could leave recorders in the front of the lecture hall. I enjoyed learning the metabolic pathways, and just learning how my body functions with different enzymes and their regulations. YAY! I think Tsai's going to get a huge round of applause tomorrow. Probably one of my favorite professors at UCI so far.

[OCHEM51B-Organic Chemistry II]
Not too bad. Shea was very different from Vanderwal's teaching style (51A), which was probably why it was hard for me to adjust. I liked how Vanderwal was very organized in his lecture notes, and he had good handwriting. But Shea...kinda jumbled all over the place, and his handwriting was sometimes hard to read. Haha, I won't forget his super monotonous voice and his eloquent language. Because of him, I've learned that organic chemistry can be "offensive" to people. And I still remember him trying to draw a mellow face [ :| ] using a carbanion. But I did like this class a lot more than 51A. I liked the mechanisms, the arrow pushing, the synthesis problems, IR/NMR, etc. It was all a big fatty puzzle. I'm glad I took LARC for this class, and Liz was such a big help. I'm glad she drew out that huge chart of all the starting materials, reagents & products. That will help for the final. We'll see how this final goes.

[OCHEM51LB-Organic Chemistry Lab II]
Last chemistry lab EVER! YAY! Haha, I'm very glad that this was my favorite quarter for lab. Walter was a great TA -- super chill (no turnitin.com, YAY) and very helpful during experiments. On my last lab, I did not write a discussion at all, but I wrote Walter a little note telling him how much I liked the class, and he gave me 15/20 for the discussion. Ahh, such a great TA. I enjoyed my lab group a lot too: Annabel, Julie & Edward. I'm glad we actually took the time to meet up and helped each other out for lab write ups. Although the labs were super long, it really allowed us to bond with each other. Most of the times, our labs would not work, but that was all good cause we had more to say in our discussion, haha. The final was honestly not that bad at all. I saw a few questions from our 51LA final, which was pretty cool. I'm glad we're done with chemistry labs!

[WRITING39C-Argument & Research]
Aye. This is probably the class I dreaded the most. I really liked WR39B which was Rhetoric, but when it comes to writing research papers...that is not my forte. But I'm glad that this class has taught me to write a decent research paper with proposals, historical analysis & advocacy. Justin was a cool teacher, but he was bit critical on my essays. But I'm not surprised because I'm sure I deserved what I got. It's okay though, this class will be done in less than a day! Just gotta do my evaluation of sources. I'm very thankful we only had to do 4 annotated bibs. The essay is complete, I just need to look over it one more time & submit to turnitin.com, print all 9 pages of it, attend class at 11AM tomorrow and turn it in and I'm free!! YAY!

--

Overall, this quarter has been very new to me.
By not having Bible Study, Small Group, CCM & even my job,
I saw how much more time I had.
And I'm thankful that the extra time was spent in productiveness,
instead of allowing it to go to waste.

I was able to read the Bible more,
Spend much more time in prayer,
Continue to meet up with sisters,
Read more Christian books,
and truly take the time to relax and reflect on God's grace.

I've learned how valuable time is.
And how a busy cluttered schedule can really be distracting.
God has been so gracious to pour so many blessings into my life,
& I'm thankful for the soberness to realize most of them.

Finals Schedule:
[ x ] 03/11 - OChem 51LB Lab Final
[ ] 03/17 - OChem 51B Final
[ ] 03/18 - Bio 98 Final

In less than a week from today,
I will be...
_done with finals.
_home.
_spending time with my family.
_seeing old friends.
_reading His word more.
_spending much more time in prayer.
_reading more Christian books.

I will hopefully...
_get my retainers tightened.
_get my ears pierced (?!?)
_be given the privilege to attend church at home.

Yea, I really need to study now!

Thankful for:

_TIME to study.
_Yogurt, fresh bananas & granola.
_Microwavable meals.
_Zot bucks.
_Completion of Advocacy Essay.
_Cool weather.
_Albertsons.
_Journal.
_The Holiness of God by RC Sproul.
_ESV Bible.
_Prayer.
_His Grace.

No comments: