It's been a long time since I last wrote an entry.
School, volunteering & work have kept me pretty busy all throughout this past quarter.
I guess it hasn't left me with much time to update as much,
which is good - been more productive with my time.
Aside from this blog, I do have a personal journal which I update regularly.
And I've become more comfortable writing/expressing myself in there,
rather than publicly on a blog.
But nonetheless, I'm happy and thankful to be done with 1/3 of my junior year.
So many changes since my last entry in June.
New apartment, new roommates, new major, new environment, etc.
Returned to my job again, started volunteering at the UCI Med Center,
Returned to my job again, started volunteering at the UCI Med Center,
started up a nursing assistant program, & education at UC Irvine.
If there's anything I learned this year,
I'm a noob at adjusting to sudden new changes.
I'm used to having smooth transitions,
someone to guide me through step-by-step,
& laying out what I need to do, 1-2-3-done.
But it was really different this quarter.
God has pushed me out of my comfort zone.
Stretched me in unfamiliar areas,
only to learn more about what it means to love,
to be humble, to look into others' interests before mine,
to be more sober-minded, to be more diligent, to rejoice all the more,
but more importantly, to show how weak I am in my flesh,
and that I can only accomplish things by His strength & through prayer.
I've learned to not have that "let go & let God" attitude.
To take responsibility for my faith -- being active in seeking accountability.
Not to solely depend on people/fellowship to define my faith,
but to understand that meaningful fellowship is a gift.
that could easily be given or taken away at any time.
Having a break from the busyness of school has given me time to rest.
To examine & reflect on my walk with the Lord.
To search what it means to have a fruitful walk with Him.
I've realized how prone I am to wander,
how weak I am when tempted with things of this world,
but I'm thankful that His grace calls me back to Him.
& when I have failed, He has forgiven me.
These are just a few things I've resolved to work on, being...
_sober of opportunities to evangelize & share the Gospel.
_a better sister in Christ,
_a better witness of Christ,
_self-controlled in my actions/words,
_joyful in what I have & don't have,
_less dependent on man, more dependent on God,
_prayerful.
I'll make a more solid list later.
I am grateful for Christ, who has given over His life,
to save me & grant me with a life free from the chains of sin.
I'm grateful to be a child of God --
that He is a Father who calls me by my name.
I'm excited to see what He has in store for me this upcoming year.
These challenges have only caused me to examine my faith more carefully.
I have much to be thankful for. Thank you, Lord.

No comments:
Post a Comment