Monday, December 28, 2009

Recap: 2009

As a recap of 2009, I would say that God has done so much,
to give me a better picture of what it means to be balanced.
He's shown me both sides of the spectrum,
through my life, through others' lives, through the life of Christ.

So many ups & downs,
faithfulness & doubt,
abundance & scarcity,
clarity & confusion,
rejoice & frustration,
peace & war,
times of rest & overwhelm,
obedience & disobedience...
this list could go on.

One thing is clear though,
even though God has allowed me to see both sides,
I know that I'll never reach perfection;
it's still very difficult for me to find/define that balance.
& I realize I cannot do this on my own willpower or strength.

I'm a weak vessel that needs Christ for strength,
guidance, wisdom, humility, love and grace.

I think towards the end of the year,
it was easy for me to make compromises
between God and this world in my way of thinking.
Maybe after being surrounded by the world so much & less of church,
there is that tendency to think that way.
But that should not be an excuse.
I believe it is God's way of testing how faithful I will remain,
when fellowship & supplemental encouragements are removed.


This upcoming year,
I want to work on several areas in my life:
_love & graciousness towards all who are around me.
_more boldness to proclaim the Gospel.
_defining deeply rooted sins in my life & work on placing them to death.
_invest time in things more pertinent to my walk with God.
_being more intentional with those who don't know Christ.
_more time spent in Scripture - reading & meditating.
_consistency in disciplines.
_turning to prayer immediately when tempted.
_being more open-minded & humble.
_having a servant's heart towards my family, church & friends.
_dependency on the Lord, not on this world.
_joyful & thankful heart that seeks God's grace.

Thankful for:
_Meeting up with Stephanie.
_Time in SD with family.
_Nursing Assistant program.
_Education.
_Home food.
_Encouragements.

No comments: