There's a cry in my heart
For Your glory to fall
For Your presence to fill up my senses
There's a yearning again
A thirst for discipline
A hunger for things that are deeper
Could You take me beyond?
Could You carry me through?
If I open my heart?
Could I go there with You?
(For I've been here before
But I know there's still more
Oh, Lord, I need to know You)
For what do I have
If I don't have You, Jesus?
What in this life
Could mean any more?
You are my rock
You are my glory
You are the lifter
Of my head
Lifter of this head
--
Oh boy, I really like that song a lot.
I think those two main questions really convicted my heart,
to realize just how everyone is in need of a Savior.
Ultimately, nothing I have from this world can compare to Jesus.
Nothing else in this world could mean any more.
I've always wondered how life would be,
if I were to give everything up for Christ.
Is that humanly possible?
To give up EVERYTHING.
It's an ongoing process of sanctification,
it'll never be perfected until we get to Heaven.
I think this song truly spoke to me,
especially in light of how I've been feeling these past few weeks.
In times of loneliness, where you feel like no one can ever understand you,
you have no one to turn to,
the only person who will always be there is Christ.
It's always hard for me to realize that Christ has always been there.
He finally woke me up to see that His comfort was what I needed all along.
Lord, I'm overfilled with joy by the knowledge of your grace.
Thankful for:
_Laughter.
_Small group girls.
_Evaline.
_New ESV Study Bible.
_Chance to meet up with Grace today.
_Classics quiz is done!
_Naps.
Friday, November 7, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment