I'm really enjoying what 1 Peter has been teaching me.
Our Living Hope, Suffering and Glory, Suffering and Persecution.
God, your words are so encouraging.
Every time I read about suffering,
I am always reminded of how Christ suffered,
that our suffering could never compare to His.
"For this is a gracious thing, when, mindful of God,
one endures sorrows while suffering unjustly" (1 Peter 2:19)
"But even if you should suffer for righteousness’ sake, you will be blessed.
Have no fear of them, nor be troubled," (1 Peter 3:14)
"If you are insulted for the name of Christ, you are blessed,
because the Spirit of glory and of God rests upon you." (1 Peter 4:14)
Suffer, in light of Christ.
When it is all for His glory,
God will be pleased,
for the reward in the end is far greater than anything this world can offer.
God, I pray that the faith I have in you may continue to strengthen.
That as trials and persecutions may abound,
Lord, you will give me the strength to persevere,
and to be mindful of Christ.
Thank you for the Gospel. :]
Thankful for:
_Your word.
_Encouraging testimonies.
_Ability to wake up early & read.
_Lovely cold weather. :p
_Jason's headlight is not broken.
_Shaved ice & brick toast.
_Delivery of new ESV Study Bible.
Hehehe. yayy!
Wednesday, November 5, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment