Monday, November 10, 2008

Let the Gospel be Sufficient.

Something has been really troubling me.

How can the Gospel not be sufficient for us Christians?
Why do people desire to here more about other things than the Gospel?
What more contentment can your heart desire than Christ's love?

I'm simply left without words at this point.
All I want to do is cry because it hurts me so much,
when people can't grasp the underlying message of the Gospel.

Christ lived a perfect life,
and God sent Him to die for us.
Essentially bearing sin, and we in turn received righteousness through Christ.
This free gift that God so graciously gave to us,


How CAN we ask for more,
when we never deserved it in the first place?

We can never fully understand the Gospel.
And I think that truly is the beauty of it,
that because we can never fully understand it,
there's always so much more to be learned about
how gracious and merciful our God really is.

I'm praying for hearts to change,
that the power of the Gospel may fill their hearts with love.
And just remind them of Christ and His love for us.


I feel like a lot of what I said is really repetitive.
But I'm just really at lost of words to truly convey how I feel.
Forgive me.

--

On another note, I really like the song:
Relient K - Hope for Every Fallen Man

Because the judge of you is someone I could never be,
Is why you should thank the Lord that it is Him, and it's not me.

But don't give up, it's not the end.
There's hope for every fallen man,
To pick themselves up when they think they can't,
Because with every passing second comes a second chance.

Don't give up it's not the end.
You'll get back on your feet again,
Forgiveness can be given when you think it can't,
Cause with every passing second comes a second chance.

& it is through Christ that we are given forgiveness and a second chance. :]

Thankful for:
_
The Gospel <3
_No LARC class for O-Chem!
_No class tomorrow! YAY for Veterans Day!
_Productive studying with Eugene.
_Strawberry Pineapple Smoothie & Boba @ Guppy's
_Nicole's e-mail.
_Relient K's new album.

No comments: