Saturday, February 14, 2009

Power to Save.

"We never move on from the cross of Christ,
only into a more profound understanding of the cross
."
_David Prior

There's so much depth and mystery hidden neath the cross of Christ.
No man would ever be able to comprehend just how much God loves us,
that He may send His one and only, perfect, holy & righteous son to die for us wretched sinners.
The Gospel captivates me because...
while we are so undeserving, God pours out His overflowing grace to us.

I was looking through old entries yesterday,
and one particular section in my testimony stood out,
the part where I first heard the song, "Beautiful One".

"But even so, I found it so hard to sing because my eyes started filling up with tears and my throat swelled up -- I could not comprehend just what this great love was." (11.08.08)

Thinking back, this is all possible by His 'irresistible grace'.
Although I did not know who Christ was...
Although I did not share this relationship with our Lord yet...
The lyrics in the song captivated me.

Wonderful so wonderful is Your unfailing love
Your cross is spoken mercy over me
No eye has seen, no ear has heard, no heart can fully know
How glorious, how beautiful You are

Even though I did not know what this all meant,
I could not help but think,
"People who are singing this song must have someone that really cares for them."
& from then on, I could not help but want that too.

Only the Gospel...
_has the power to stir up curiosity.
_has the power to draw us nearer to Christ.
_has the power to save.


--

Thankful for: [WEEKEND: Day 1]
_
Getting home safely. (very good weather cruising down the 5)
_Talking to daddy on the phone while he was at work.
_Taking brother & his friends to get food during their off-roll.
_Going to Hilltop Park to journal & pray.
_Studying o-chem!
_Surprising mommy when she came home & she was happy. :]
_Daddy coming into my room after work even though I was half-asleep.
_Evaline & Sharon leaving me comments on my blog. haha!