If I think about it, we're exactly halfway into the quarter,
and even halfway into the school year.
It's kind of crazy to see how time goes by so fast.
This past week was a bit hectic for me.
Probably one of the more thrown off weeks that I've experienced so far this quarter.
Research paper, O-Chem midterm, Nursing App due, Oral Presentation in lab, etc.
I haven't been so overwhelmed and tired like that in a while.
Partly, I kind of like the stress and adrenaline rush,
but my body has not been used to this stress in a long time.
It truly is by His grace that I was able to get through this week.
In so many ways, He's continued to show me His faithfulness.
I think I have a lot to be thankful for, especially this week.
Being able to actually have some time to myself to be with Him,
is probably the biggest blessing God could ever give me.
I'm starting to read, Living the Cross-Centered Life by C.J. Mahaney.
After being a Christian for almost a year now,
I'm beginning to see more of my own personal flaws and sins.
And I realize how challenging it is to find that balance that Christ has.
I remember telling someone, "So many times, I feel like I forget what's even basic to our faith."
But that person said, "It's not what's basic, it's the main thing."
When I flipped to the first page of the Introduction,
this quote stood out, "Life's Most Important Truth Can Be the Easiest to Forget."
The Gospel -- which is the single most important thing in our lives,
can be the easiest thing to forget.
Our minds and lives can become so distracted,
with emotion, with our works, with the focus of OUR sins,
that we forget, it's already been done for us.
Christ has already died on the cross for our sins.
I think reading this book will definitely be rewarding in so many ways.
Hehe, I'm very excited. :]
Thankful for:
_Going home for Chinese New Year.
_Spending a lot more time with Tammy.
_Completing Nursing App on time.
_Finished research proposal on time.
_Efficient studying for ochem.
_Oral presentation for lab went well.
_Breakfast with Olivia.
_Dinner with Small Group - Jess' & Trisha's b-days.
_Robin's stories.
_Alone time.
_Rest & relaxation.
_REALLY GOOD weather. <3
_Halfway through 'suffer'more year. :p
Sunday, February 1, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
hahah i am so thankful for everything about you. i don't think id get through bio chem with/o youuu <3
Post a Comment