Sunday, December 14, 2008

16 Things...

1. I have a great tendency to check my e-mail and facebook every 4 minutes, anticipating that I'd get something new in my inbox! One time, I seriously sat in front of my computer for 3 hours just checking email & fb. And on AIM, I really like reading people's away messages, or back in the day, I'd used to spend hours looking through people's profiles. Forgive me for being so stalkerish! Those are not my intentions! haha! But honestly, I love receiving and writing emails too! If you write to me, I'll write back! :]

2. I breed fruit flies. Ever since I quit Rose Lab, I flynapped (haha get it? kidnap...flynap?...nvm) 3 flies, I think they were 2 females & 1 male. Ever since then, I grew a population! I think they're on their 8th generation now. But I left them in Irvine for the winter break...so I'm scared they'll die. I also left a vial in my house over the summer, and I finally found it today while cleaning my room. The vial had 6-month old smooshed banana in there, and let me tell you...it looks SUPER disgusting. Should I begin to explain? ...I think it's best I didn't.

3. I had this white teddy bear named Vinnie (named after my best friend from 4th grade), and one day, my brother and I got in a fight, so he chucked her out of the window when we were on the freeway. I never saw beautiful Vinnie ever again after that day. I was so sad that I forced my mom to get me a new white teddy bear, and I named her Princess. To this day, my brother hates Princess with a passion, so he'd hide her in the freezer, and I'd ask him where Princess went, and he'd tell me that she went home to the north pole. Not only does my brother not like her, it seems like everyone in college thinks she's ugly because her eyes have cataracts in them. :/ ...I still think she's beautiful.

4. Because my last name's 'Tran', I seriously thought I was part Vietnamese for the majority of my life. My parents would tell me that we were Chinese, but I wouldn't believe them...because how could I have a Vietnamese last name but be Chinese? So I joined a Vietnamese Student Association club, and thought i was super cool. Then during Junior Year, we did a family history project, and my family FINALLY convinced me that I was full Chinese. My grandparents had moved to Vietnam from China, and had to change their last name. But originally, I was a 'Tchen'/'Chen'! Haha.

5. I have this oogly faded scar on my forehead. Everyone has asked me how I got it, so I'll be more than happy to share. It was in 4th grade, and I was jumping up and down my mom's bed, and since it was in the master bedroom, the bathroom was seriously 3 feet away from the bed (we lived in a super small house). So I took a giant leap, and my head landed perfectly onto the side of the toilet bowl (NOT INTO IT AS TIM HAN WOULD TELL YOU -_-). Ever since then, if I ever got a bad grade in high school, I'd blame it on how I lost a lot of brain cells from my toilet accident. But too this day, people still call me "toilet head", or always use "At least I don't crash into toilets!" as a comeback. :[

6. I really don't like Port-O-Potties. (is that even how you spell it?) Ever since I went to Hong Kong in 3rd grade, I was traumatized for life. I'm kinda hesitant about sharing this. But oh well, I apologize if it's TMI!!! ...Basically, there were 2 stalls, [1] was still dirty but I could use it...BUT no toilet paper, [2] had poo stacked to the top BUT had toilet paper!! I really had to go, so I used number [1], and I asked my mom to get me toilet paper from the other stall, but she broke it off the toilet paper holder and it fell into the mud. Ever since then, I've never used a Port-O-Potty, or ever went into a bathroom stall without toilet paper.

7. I can't ever sleep without a night light, or some light in the room. I started developing this habit beginning of last year when starting to live with Tammy. At first, I could sleep with or without it, but now, I get waaay too paranoid when it's completely dark. I also can't sleep without Princess or my favorite blankie. I'm such a kid.

8. If I wasn't a bio sci major, I would definitely be a studio art major. I absolutely LOVE painting and drawing, and I'd trade that in with Bio ANY DAY. (maybe) Yeah...but it's okay, I love Bio too! Studying God's creation. :p Hahaha! I love having the free time to draw whatever I want, whenever I want. I left my colored pencil set & paintbrushes at Irvine, and I'm really sad...but I'm determined to get them sometime this week. haha! I'd also love to decorate my future house with my paintings everywhere. :] But that's just a dream. haha!

9. If I like a song, I'll seriously listen to it (100x)+ until I memorize it or until I get tired of it, whichever comes first. And I used to lip sync to my favorite songs with Filipinos. Well, I used to like rapping too. But that was AGES ago, tell me to do it today and I don't think I can. I'd be too embarrassed & ashamed. :/ I think my taste in music has changed a lot since college started too. I don't listen to a lot of mainstream stuff anymore, but more Christian/worship music. :]

10. I'm a VERY sentimental person. I've saved almost EVERY memory ever since middle school. Yearbooks, notes/letters that were passed around in class, in-class doodles, dance pictures, corsages, etc. I used to like going through all those things before, but they're just in boxes collecting dust. What am I going to do about these things in the future? Hm, I dunno...attic stuff? Haha.

11. Haha sometime when I was in high school, I made this HUGE list of my ideal boyfriend. I think it hit 300+ or something. But so much of it was so superficial! Haha, I don't think any of it really applies anymore, besides him having a funny & loving personality, and if I could add something, it'd be...he must <3 Jesus. :] Ahhh...ANYWAYS, next..

12. I absolutely LOVE laughing. In high school, I used to laugh so loud when I'm comfortable, and I think I still do. :/ I apologize! I will try to tone it down! But I used to have different laughing phases. I'd laugh out all the vowels..."Hahahahehehehihi
hihihohohohohuhuhuhu". And then I'd have my "tehehehe" phase, "puahahaha"...I'd sometimes laugh so hard that I could actually perform a 'ROFL'. Mmm, I love it when I face the challenge of having to pee super bad but I have to hold it in because I'm laughing so hard.

13. I seriously love meeting up with girls one-on-one. I love hearing their testimonies of how they came to know Christ. I love to hear their joys & struggles, and I love to hear how God has been working in their lives. I always feel encouraged by the work that God has done in each and every one of them. By this, I am able to see God's grace being revealed in every person that He has created. :]

14. I love being by myself sometimes. I'd sometimes sit by myself in a park and just think, or just pray. I'd love to go spend some quiet time at Hilltop Park, Mt. Soledad, La Jolla Shores, etc. someday. And at those locations, I can truly admire God's beautiful creation.

15. I absolutely LOVE surprises, especially when I'm not expecting them at all. Those truly are blessings from God and I am always SO thankful when surprises arrive. But I think the best feeling is surprising someone else. I get SOO happy when I see the surprised facial expression on the person's face. It fills my heart with joy. tehehe!

16. I really want to live my life for Christ. I want to wake up each morning and have Him be the first thing on my mind, and continue to be mindful of Him throughout my day. I want to share Christ's love with my family & friends, and be able to make God smile with the things I do, think & say. I know I always fall short, but I will do my best and will continue to persevere by His wonderful grace. :]

Haha, I posted this on facebook,
but I thought I'd post it here too,
just for memories sake. :p

Thankful for:
_Time spent with brother; Carne Asada Fries & Jamba Juice.
_Melissa tagging me so I could pass time thinking of 16 things.
_Socks and blankets on cold nights.
_So many loving sisters in Christ. :]

No comments: