Oh man, about 1 more hour and the New Year will be here.
I'm definitely excited that it'll be a fresh new start.
I think I'm more excited to see where all of us will be one year from now,
and be taken aback by God's work in all of our lives.
"Year In Review" Survey For 2008
[1] What did you do in 2008 that you'd never done before?
_Accept Christ as my Lord and Savior :]
_Attend church on a regular basis: Berean Community Church.
_Joined a campus fellowship: CCM.
_Got my wisdom teeth (all 4) pulled out.
_Got my driver's license.
_Went to Canada!
_Saw my new nieces & nephews.
_Got a job as an Office Assistant.
_Got shingles for the first time. :[
[2] Did you keep your New Year's resolutions, and will you make more for 2008?
View my entry from yesterday & below. :]
[3.] Did anyone close to you give birth?
Both of my cousins Kimmie & Nguyen, gave birth to my niece Melody and nephew Minh.
[4.] Did anyone close to you die?
Nope.
[5.] What countries did you visit?
O, Canada!
[6.] What would you like to have in 2009 that you lacked in 2008?
Much patience & gratitude towards everyone.
[7.] What date(s) from 2008 will remain etched upon your memory, and why?
Nothing really sticks out -- everything always seems blurry to me nowadays.
But I'd note:
_Accepting the Gospel as the truth.
_Telling my parents I became Christian.
_Thanksgiving.
[8.] What was your biggest achievement of the year?
_Getting almost straight A's during Spring quarter. :p
_Getting my driver's license!
_Getting a job.
[9.] What was your biggest failure?
_Not trusting God with my struggles.
[10.] Did you suffer illness or injury?
_Got my wisdom teeth pulled out, which led to much medication & misery. hahaha jk.
_Shingles. :[
[11.] What was the best thing you bought?
_ESV Study Bible!! wheee! :D
[12.] Whose behavior merited celebration?
_Tammy Her; for leading me to Christ.
_Evaline Chang; for being the one I can really talk to about anything.
_Tiffany Arendon; for being one of the girls I could talk to at home when I first came to Christ.
_Stephanie Lim; for keeping me accountable, for our talks & for being so open to me even though we just met.
[13.] Whose behavior made you appalled and depressed?
_N/A.
[14.] Where did most of your money go?
_Tuition. :[ hahaha!
[15.] What did you get really, really, really excited about?
_Accepting Christ into my life!
_About going home to be with my family.
_About going back to Irvine for Berean & UCI.
[16.] What song will always remind you of 2008?
Sovereign Grace Music - It Was Love.
[17.] Compared to this time last year, are you:
_Wiser? Mmm, spiritually? Yes.
_Healthier? In general, yes. When broken down, not so much.
_Richer? Not really, thank you college. haha.
[18.] What do you wish you'd done more of?
_Getting to know more of my sisters.
_Show my parents much love that they deserve.
_Spend more time in fellowship with God.
[19.] What do you wish you'd done less of?
_Extra activities that only cluttered my schedule.
_Put much focus on myself, rather than God.
_Being prideful.
[20.] How will you be spending Christmas?
_Most likely with family. :]
[21.] Did you fall in love in 2008?
_With Jesus Christ? Oh yes. :D
[22.] What was your favorite TV program?
_Honestly, I didn't watch much TV at all...except The Office.
[23.] Do you hate anyone now that you didn't hate this time of the year last year?
_Nope, it's rather than opposite.
[24.] What was the best book you read?
_The Holy Bible. :]
_The Pursuit of Holiness by Jerry Bridges
[25.] What was your greatest musical discovery?
_Chris Tomlin
_Sovereign Grace Music
_Starfield
_Enfield
_Paul Baloche
[26.] What did you want and get?
_Full closure with my old self. (1 Peter 1:22-23)
[27.] What did you want and not get?
_N/A, I don't deserve anything more.
[28.] What was your favorite film of this year?
_Nothing really stands out in my mind right now.
[29.] What did you do on your birthday, and how old were you?
_Spent it with my family on the road home from Canada, turned 19.
[30.] How would you describe your personal fashion concept in 2008?
_Haha, I dunno.
[31.] What kept you sane?
_Jesus Christ.
_Girls from Berean & CCM.
[32.] Who did you miss?
_People from home & Irvine, depending on where I was. :p
[33.] Who did something for you that you will never forget?
_Tammy; sharing the Gospel with me.
_Evaline; for being the first girl I met at Berean.
_CCM & Berean girls; who were there for me the week I told my parents I accepted Christ.
[34.] Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2008.
_To trust God in everything I do.
_To not take anything for granted, but to count every blessing.
_To endure & rejoice under any trials God may place in our lives -- for it all serves a greater purpose.
New Years Resolutions 2009
_Much spiritual wisdom and discernment for upcoming trials.
_'Year of the Bible 2009' - read, meditate & gain better understanding of the OT & NT.
_Serve & love my family more.
_Greater balance between church & academic commitments.
_Continual prayer & contact for friends at home.
_Memorize & place Scripture into application -- finish Titus (& maybe start Philippians / 1 John).
_Self-control with my actions, words & thoughts.
_Become a better witness of Christ to my family & friends.
_Learn, understand & live out my life in humility.
_More intimate fellowship with God.
_Walk by the Spirit each day. (Galatians 5:22-23)
_More understanding of the Gospel.
_Live by His grace each day & rejoice knowing that all I need & have is Christ.
Haha, I know that's a lot.
& I know I will fail many times,
but I do pray for a year of perseverance for anything God may surprise me with.
This year will bring forth many new challenges and trials,
and just as many blessings and reasons to give praise & thanksgiving.
Knowing that God will never give us more than we can't handle,
gives me much encouragement and hope,
that through any trials,
He'll continue to refine us as we pursue the holiness of Christ.
Happy New Years, everyone! :]
Thankful for:
_Haircut! haha.
_Spending time with Tiffany.
_Reading through Genesis 1-3.
_Spending New Years Eve with my immediate family. :]
Wednesday, December 31, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
God has done so much this past year for you, denise :) I'm so happy for you..and I know it doesnt stop here! Those resolutions are great and I know God will help you persevere through them :) There may be times when we fail and we'll always fall short-- but isnt it beautiful how He doesnt really call us to succeed or fulfill them? He just calls us to try. and to keep trying :) so let's fail and keep trying together okay denise? Happy new years darling. I'll see you soon <3
Post a Comment